>>>> All About Me <<<<
Hello, I'm Simon and I am an artist and illustrator living and working here in Bristol, UK.
My style has been referred to as 'naive' by some, and 'like a child who has discovered their first crayon and is happily scribbling on the kitchen wall prior to eating said crayon' by others. It's all a matter of perception.
All my work starts as a doodle on a scrap of paper, which can play havoc with the household utility bills. I find most of my characters and subjects in that first doodle.
I'm a big fan of using found objects as my 'canvasses', things that have been discarded by others, and giving them a second life. Old wood, metal, furniture, that sort of thing. I also use various objects for my work: roads, walls, boxes, lockups, even the odd scrap car!
I enjoy using ink, sticks, brushes and spray paint. I'm also quite partial to an electric jigsaw.
I like films by the Cohen Brothers, the odd book, my family, drawing stuff, skateboarding and more drawing.
Some Exhibitions I've shown In
- 2003-Little Strawbery Gallery Bristol----Group show
- 2003-Little Strawbery Gallery Bristol---Christmas show
- 2004-Here Gallery Once upon a line---Group show
- 2004-Here Gallery Bristol ---christmas show
- 2004-Arc Theatre Trowbridge---Solo show
- 2005-Arc Theatre Trowbridge---Solo show
- 2005-Aemeba Cafè Bristol---Solo Show
- 2006-Detour skate shop Bath---Solo show
- 2007-Detour skate shop Bath---T Shirt release
- 2008-Inky Goodness-Hopes and Fears---Group illustration show, Bristol
- 2009-Inky Goodness-Wonderland---Group illustration show, Birmingham
- 2010-Inky Goodness-play---Group show illustration show, London
- 2010-Politto Graffitti---Group illustration show, Nailsworth
- 2010-Politto Graffitti---Group illustration show, Stoud